„The Cadillac of color recognition apps.“
in AppleVis Podcast „Color Recognition Apps: Part 1 – ColorVisor“.
App Store categories: Utilities
Copyright: ©2012 visorApps
Would you like to identify the colors of objects in your environment? Let ColorVisor take a look using one of the cameras of your iOS device. Would you like to analyze the colors of an image stored in your Photo Library? ColorVisor can do the job. ColorVisor not only gives you the names of the colors, it can also analyze them and provide you with information about their color components, RGB as well as HSB. ColorVisor is fully accessible with VoiceOver.
- Identifies colors using the cameras of the device
- Identifies colors in photos and images
- Supports several color palettes, providing either the names of basic colors only or the names of color variants as well
- Fully accessible with VoiceOver
- Provides color components, RGB and HSB
- Loads images from the iPhone Photo Library
- Saves images in the iPhone Photo Library
- Allows other apps to export jpg and png files to ColorVisor
- Exports images as jpg files
Please note: Accuracy of color recognition depends on the features of the cameras of your device as well as on ambient lighting.
New features in version 3.0
- New design including automatic screen layout, adapts to all screen sizes
- Continuous Scan and Manual Scan available
- Analyzes colors of an area in an image, either a live image via one of the device cameras or an image saved in the Photo Library
- Speaks colors also when VoiceOver is turned off
- Extended export and import of images
Please note: The Color Save option has been removed in this version. Saved colors can no longer be displayed.
The ColorVisor runs on all iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches that provide at least one camera and that provide iOS version 10.0 or later.
The ColorVisor saves the last image displayed in the photo scanner view and the last scan position within this image to provide this data to the user when the app is launched again. Saving takes place within the app sandbox on the device. Other data will not be collected, stored or transmitted.
Under certain circumstances, for example a device backup, the named data may leave the device. visorApps is not responsible for such actions. Apples own privacy regulations do apply.